Filing for divorce can be straightforward where there has been separation between the spouses for 12 months or more and one of the spouses is an Australian resident/citizen. There are more complex cases involving separation under the one roof, separation before 2 years of marriage, and where there are children involved.
We will discuss with you the:
- Family Court’s requirements for filing an application for divorce
- Supporting documents required for applying for a divorce
- Service of court documents and whether you have to attend court or not
- Specific issues eg. separation under one roof, proper arrangements for children
- Whether you are eligible for exemption from payment of court fees
We will advise you how long it will take for the court process in your divorce